Wednesday, June 25, 2014

San Diego

When did the flight to San Diego get so long? I love to travel and accept flying as a part of that, but sitting, confined for hours on end is mind numbing. Even on Jet Blue - I gave up cable so JB is the only chance I get to watch TBS and HGTV. But it gets old, fast.

Once on the ground, all is forgotten. San Diego is really a lovely city. My visit has me mainly in the Del Mar area, but I prefer to stay in La Jolla at the Hyatt Regency. It is a comfortable hotel with a Starbucks that opens at 5:30 am! Perfect for me as I don't adjust well when I fly west. There's lots to do in the area, including the Westfield Mall at UTC, plenty of restaurants, and it's close to La Jolla cove which is gorgeous.

Dinner this trip was at Flemings steakhouse. I always enjoy it there. They have a nice selection of steaks, even some smaller cuts for light eaters like me. We had a family style side of creamy, buttery mashed potatoes. For dessert, creme brûlée. As always, enjoyable.

Now I'm sitting on a packed Southwest flight to Las Vegas. This is an easy, short flight. Two days vacation with family await!




No comments:

Post a Comment